Clean Cook Stoves in Sub-Saharan Africa by ClimateCare Limited
CookClean manufactures efficient cookstoves to displace the resources wasteful and unhealthy traditional stoves which kill 13,400 people and subject 21 million to Household Air Pollution yearly in Ghana.
This method of cooking has a devastating effect on Ghanaian forests which have been reduced to 25% of its original size. Furthermore, CookClean manufactures sustainable biomass cooking fuels made of agricultural waste and sawdust in its own 2nd production facilities to complement the stove production.
CookClean has therefore enhanced the transition of cooking on open fire to using efficient cookstoves and also transitioned from the use of environmentally unsustainable firewood to sustainable biomass fuels.
CookClean 6 years achievements:
- over 100,000 stoves disseminated
- 400,000 people impacted
- 720,000 tCO2e certified emission reduction
- 680,000 tons of trees saved
- over US-$29 million fuel savings for families
- 36 qualified employment created and 200 women in the value chain.
Why carbon credits from us? The following is what purchases accomplish:
- Support CookClean to provide access to energy to people at the base of the economic pyramid;
- Give employment to Ghanaians; then we manufacture wholly in-country using local people;
- 100% of your purchase is invested in the project eliminating middlemen;
- Preserve the ecosystem integrity, avert deforestation and ensure food security;
- Protect families from inhaling harmful smoke, thus improving their health;
- Enhance families’ disposable income as they spend less on cooking energy thus positively impacting their livelihood;
- Empower women businesses in the value chain as women constitute 98% of CookClean’s distribution network;
- Support CookClean to reach more people atthe economic base of the pyramid.
- We are at the battle front, fighting to mitigate climate change; we are the foot soldiers;
- Our achievements demonstrate our capability to deliver more results;
- CookClean uses the revenues from your purchase of carbon credit for the development and expansion of renewable energy efficiency Programme of Activities;
- CookClean’s climate protection project has social benefits for the people at the economic base of the pyramid. One more reason why some buyers of our carbon credits pay premium for these Livelihood Enhancement Achievements.